Tuesday 9 August 2011

Rabbit's Drinking Bottle, Feeding Cups


This is a medium size drinking bottle that I give to the bucks. It has a drinking nozzle at the end and the rabbits learned that if they lick on the nipple, water will come out and they can suck it up. It's a sanitary way of giving them clean water.  The bottle is attached to the side of the walls by a piece of string and the height is adjusted according to the size of the rabbits.



This is a large drinking water bottle that I give to the pregnant does. Knowing that the does are pregnant, I bought a large drinking water bottle for them so they could share it with their litters. It is also kept in place by an adjustable spring wire.We clean out all the bottles and the feeding bowls with Zonrox to disinfect them.



This is a stainless steel bowl that I use as a feeding cup for the rabbits. It can be easily hooked up by its holder on the wall of the cage at any height and it is detachable. It is easy to just lift up the cup from its holder and the holder will remain hooked on the walls. Initially, I bought several plastic feeding cups with a wide base at the bottom but the rabbits would sometimes tip the cups over together with the feeds. So when I found these stainless steel cups in a pet shop, I bought some of them.


This is another hard plastic feeder that I use with the does. It has a screw outside the cage and the cup is detachable from its base. Just turn the cup a little bit and it would come out from its base while the base remains screwed on the wall. I like this best because it is sturdy and they could not tip it over. I actually ordered 10 pieces of these feeding cups at ACE Hardware store at SM mall here in Baguio as that is where I bought the two that I am using now. I placed my order in sometime in May and the saleslady who assisted me said that it would take two weeks at most so I said okay. June, July and now it is August and my order is yet to come. I kept following it up with the saleslady every time that we go to the store to buy something but she always tells me the same thing, that nothing has arrived yet although she already placed my order. Maybe one of these days I will eventually get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment