Saturday 16 June 2012

Second Generation Black Doe: 1st litter

When my original breeding stock of Cinnamon doe gave birth to her second litter, there were 4 males and 3 females. One of the female was bought by a neighbor's kid as her pet when the kit was 1 1/2 months old. I kept the remaining 2 black female as replacement does. I call them as second generation replacement does to distinguish them from the first replacement does. Anyway, when they were ready for breeding, another neighbor came to ask if he could buy a ready-to-breed doe because he did not want to have to raise a rabbit from 1 1/2 months old until breeding time. I was hesitant at first to sell him the doe because I was just starting to increase my breeding stock which is why I am keeping the females. Anyway, I gave in and sold them one of the ready-to-breed black doe so as not to disappoint his son who was with him at that time. The boy was very eager to bring home a big rabbit for his pet and for breeding. So that left me with only one black doe for breeding. I bred her for the first time with the black Chinchilla buck on March 22, 2012 and she kindled her first litter of 5 healthy kits on April 24, 2012. These are their pictures below.












This is the second generation replacement doe and the pictures above are her first litter.



No comments:

Post a Comment